Careers in Sustainability
Connecting job-seekers with Nova Scotia’s growing Bioeconomy employers!
Careers in Sustainability is raising awareness about Nova Scotia’s bioeconomy and its many benefits, including creating clean, low-carbon products from underutilized resources while providing new and exciting career opportunities for people from all backgrounds across the province. The program offers wage subsidies for both temporary internships and long-term careers, as well as support for short-term employee upskilling and specialized software to assist employers in candidate evaluation.
Why Join Nova Scotia’s Bioeconomy?
The bioeconomy covers all sectors and systems that rely on biological resources and processes to produce food, feed, bio-based products, energy and services. With such a broad industry, the opportunities to make a career in sustainability are endless. Join the fastest-growing sector and see your innovative ideas bring us closer to a sustainable world.
Explore Bioeconomy Opportunities
Nova Scotia’s Bioeconomy companies are continually growing while providing high-quality career opportunities across the province. Careers in Sustainability is helping these companies connect with talented job-seekers with a passion for sustainability to fill critical roles. If this sounds like you, visit our Job Board to learn more.
Support for Bioeconomy Employers
Careers in Sustainability supports Nova Scotia’s growing Bioeconomy companies in several ways:
- Raising awareness of the Bioeconomy;
- Establishing a pool of candidates interested in the Bioeconomy;
- Opportunities to directly engage interested candidates;
- Providing wage subsidies for Internship and Career positions;
- No-cost access to TalentSorter, a state-of-the-art candidate screening software; and
- Funding for high-quality candidates to obtain upskilling and short-term training to meet specific requirements of the position.
Visit our Employers page to learn more.